Sunday, February 1, 2009

MY NEW BEGINNINGS


A few years ago I went through the hardest time ever. I was living in Hawaii and was far from my family so I felt like I had no support at all. I had found out that my husband at the time was cheating on me and also very mentally abusive. It was really tough and deciding to leaving him, was the hardest choice I ever had to make... I was to the point that I thought that I would never be happy again and that my life was ruined. I have a really good friend (Tesha) that gave me a card the night I left Hawaii to move back to Utah.

It says Things are hard right now, but TRUST IN YOURSELF to make a new beginning. Sometimes life leads you in a new direction. And even when you don't feel prepared, or when you don't want to change, you are forced to start over. Life is like that...there are no guarantees. It makes you feel scared or anxious or sad. But after you've shed your last tear~ just when you think everything is out of your hands~ you take a deep breath and finally realize that you have complete control! Survival is about reclaiming your "self" It is about learning to love who you are. It is about making wise choices, setting goals, and finding out what really makes you happy. It is about rediscovering those things you always wanted to do. Happiness is something that has to come from within. Nobody can provide it for you. You are a beautiful, caring, wonderful person. You are worthy of all good things. I know life is hard right now, but please know that I am always here for you. THIS IS YOUR NEW BEGINNING!!! I cant wait to see what you do.

* I have this card framed and I read it often. I can now look back and see how hard it was to go thur all of that, but I am also thankful to for the change brought upon me. I have in a sense had a complete change in my life. I moved back to Utah and having my family close by and all the strength and support from them that helped me get by. I went back to school and I actually enjoyed being single (which I was dreading). I have now remarried and I couldn't be happier! Joe is amazing and every day I thank God that I with him. Joe is such an example to me he is so kind and thoughtful. We work crazy hours so I don't get to see him much, but he is such a sweetheart he will come to the salon and sit there just so we can spend more time together. He has dinner ready for me everyday when I get home from work. He does little things like the dishes, he makes the bed every morning. I feel spoiled! He has so much faith and is always positive. He has shown me how important prayer is and how we need to have more faith. He works nights so he will call me just before I go to bed and he will say make sure that you pray :) He was raised in Ghana and so he lived a very simple life and he didn't have much growing up, but out of that it has made him the person he is today.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Lori & Joe,
    I just found your blog and read what Lori wrote. It was very touching. I love you and wish for the very best for both of you together.
    You're doing great. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. I enjoyed reading it. That was a good friend to give you that note to help keep you positive. I am SO glad that things are going good for you and so happy that Joe spoils you.. you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an inspiring post! I got goosebumps reading it. Im so glad you were able to get through that rough patch and have been able to find a new love you treats you the way you deserve to be treated. That card your friend wrote was amazing! It had alot of good points and advice in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lori! That was a really good post, sometimes we wonder why we have to go through hard things, but when the good things come we understand more it seems! That is awesome that you were able to get through it and now you have Joe and you deserve it!! You are awesome!! And that was definitely good advice to keep in mind all the time! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I lived in Hawaii for a bit too. I loved it, but I was a beach bum most of time. I worked and went beach, that was about it.:)

    I'm soo glad you found your best friend. Love feels good doesn't it. You deserve the very best. This life is suppose to be happy :)

    ReplyDelete