Sunday, April 12, 2009

CELEBRATING 365 DAYS :)










































Today Joe and I celebrated 365 days together. When Joe and I first started dating I couldn't get him to eat pasta. He said that its tasteless...every time I tried to get him to eat at a pasta place he wouldn't do it. On my birthday I said that we are going to eat at Olive Garden and I promised that he would love it. I know that he was just dreading it, but once we got there and he tried the food HE TOTALLY LOVED IT :) SO Today we went to Olive Garden and we always get the same thing, but today I was like I will try something else. I ordered the Tuscan garlic chicken and Joe ordered his shrimp and chicken carbonara. I took one bit of my food and it was gross! I have the sweetest husband ever though, he took my plate and ate my food even though I could tell he wasn't liking it at all.

After we got done eating Olive Garden, we decided to go to the zoo. It was fun cuz Joe has never been to a zoo before. He is so cute, since he is from Africa he grew up with alot of the animals we where looking at. Joe went to Cape Coast University in Ghana. He said that right on campus are alot of monkeys in the trees. He was telling me how its really sad cuz of the way things are in Africa a lot of the animals are being run out of their homes and they are dying off. He said that alot of the local people eat everything...so basically any animal they catch they eat.


















2 comments:

  1. Dj was the same way with pasta and I could never get him to eat it till one time at the Olive Garden and now he is hooked! He loves Olive Garden. Thats crazy about all the animals just freely walking around where Joe was raised. But I guess thats how it is in Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just missed you by a few days it looks like. The zoo is always fun. I think that peacock you took a picture of is the same one Gavin chased today.. ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete